A subclip is a smaller section of a Clip which is useful for breaking up very long Clips into shorter more defined sections. They can be used exactly the same as a Clip and can be assigned their own metadata. A subclip is just a reference file to the original clip with a different start and end point. No new media is generated when creating a subclip.
1. Load a clip and mark the section you want to use for your subclip.
2. Do one of the following:
• Right-click inside the viewer and, from the menu that opens, select Make > Subclip.
• Click the Add Subclip button on the viewer.
• Create and use a keyboard shortcut for ‘Making a Subclip’.
3. The subclip is added to the Content Manager. Subclips are identified by a blue flag in the top left corner of tiles, thumbnails, and viewers.
If you experience an issue with your Lightworks installation, or something isn't working as expected, visit our FAQ page. If you do not find an answer to your question, you can refer to the Lightworks forum.
The Status window provides useful information for troubleshooting issues with Lightworks. You may be asked to open this when contacting the forums.